Friends that want to hang out

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Evaporation In The Bible?


One of the things I have often heard from non-believers of God is that there is no scientific evidence to prove His existence. Many people prefer to believe in the evolution theory which in complete honesty blows my mind.... Believing in creation - makes sense.... Evolving from a single cell organism - does not make sense... Any hoo.... not the topic for this blog..... If You are interested in my thoughts on evolution you can go to "Not Teaching My Kid Evolution is Child Abuse?"

I ran across an article recently talking about the different scientific facts in the Bible. One of the facts in the Bible is about evaporation... I found this very interesting that books in the Bible that were written 1300-600 BC talked about evaporation... For centuries scientists did not understand the phenomenon that water evaporates from the ocean, collects in the clouds, and falls on the Earth as rain or snow....

Job 26:8 He binds up the water in His thick clouds, Yet the clouds are not broker under it...

Job 36:27-29 For He draws up drops of water, Which distill as rain from the mist, Which the clouds drop down And pour abundantly on man. Indeed, can anyone understand the spreading of the clouds

Another thing I found very interesting is that several hundred years before Christ, Isaiah wrote of the circular shape of the earth - Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the Earth.

I ran across this video and I believe it's a good example of why people don't understand the Bible.. Why they don't believe the Bible.... and Why they refuse the Bible... When our own President tells our Nation that - The Sermon on The Mount was radical.. and many other out of context thoughts and analogies... It's down right sad... What do you think?


6 comments:

darsden said...

I think he is the anti christ..Oh sorry..I know he is a dictator and we are in trouble...say goodbye to America..he is killing her!

darsden said...

have you ever notice how he NEVER makes eye contact, he talks like a robot moving his head side to side and eyes never make contact they stay above anybody.. he scares the F**K out of me and what he has already done to our country. NOBODY in history has ever push some many changes in such a short time without any approval.. The health care plan is the scariest and the direct line to HI Hitler times!!! People need to wake up he has never proven he is American! His middle name says exactly who he is!

MOre than you asked for I know.. sorry I am done.

achildoftheking said...

Or guvment dictator is leading us to the Anti-Christ. @darsden: He doesn't scare me because God's in control and the final word will be by God. God already said "It is finished" at Calvary. God is our protector.

betty said...

I have to remember God is in control and for whatever reason, God allowed Mr. Obama to be president. It is sad though with his thoughts about faith. I will never forget how he said on the interview with Rick Warren at the Saddleback Forum last year that he considered Jesus his Lord and Savior. I have to remember it is not for me to judge.

You might want to check out www.reasons.org for information on science-faith related issues. The person who started this site (and I can't remember his name but he was a guest speaker at our church a few weeks ago) was an astrophysicist. He started studying all the major books of religion (Bible, Kouran, etc) to see which was true based on what he knew about the universe as an astrophysicist. He was not a believer at the time. Based on what he read in the Bible, as opposed to the other religious books, he determined the Bible was telling the truth and that God did indeed make the world/universe. Fascinating info he found.

I for one, believe the Bible to be the true Word of God and every word that he inspired man to write is exactly what he wants in there :)

betty

RCUBEs said...

Praying for Godly leaders to be in all branches of our govt. That's why we are in this mess I think because most of us turned our backs on God. So evident with his speech...He embraces all religions.

From the Heart said...

I agree with a couple others that I'm glad God is still in control of this universe and He will take care of those who not only believe in Him but worship Him as the true and living God; and if we have accepted Christ as our Savior then God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit lives within us and helps us in times like these. I pray not only for our government leaders but for the pastors of all faiths.
We all will stand before God on the day of judgement.
I'm so glad that I was taught at an early age about God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
In His name,
AliceE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin