Friends that want to hang out

Friday, August 7, 2009

Making It Count For The Kingdom


A friend of mine called me on the phone today... I could hear so much sadness in her voice. I could tell that she did not want to go into detail about what was wrong - so I did not ask... What I did learn was that each family member was battling their own wars..... I wish I had the words or the power to take away her pain... I wish that this sweet and gentle friend's life was filled with constant joy and no sorrows..... But I got the feeling that is not what she wants..... I believe that in everything - good and bad.... My friend... my sweet dear friend is glorifying God with her actions and words... She told me today that "This too will pass".... She will use this lesson.. this sadness.. this challenge and she will make it count.... Make it count for God's Kingdom.. For God's Glory.. because that is the kind of woman she is.... The kind of woman I want to be...

Dear Friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you many be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 1 Peter 4:12-16

4 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

Kelly:
I just read this aloud to my daughter who is in a huge spiritual battle. You can imagine how it ministered to us. Thank you.

RCUBEs said...

Hi sister Kelly. I just want to thank you for visiting my site and leaving me an encouraging comment.

Your friend is so inspiring with her love for the Lord that no matter how steep and high the mountains she's facing, her trust and faith in the Lord is unwavering. God bless her heart.

Looking forward to visiting you again. Have a great weekend. God bless.

achildoftheking said...

1 Peter 4:16 -- However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

Kelly, I needed this very badly tonight. Praise God and all honor & glory be in Jesus.

Heidi said...

Hi Kelly... We are to "count it all joy" when we are faced with suffering and trials... I am learning to do this... not always successful to be in that mentality, but that is why God's grace is so beautiful!

BTW... come visit my blog... I have a little something something (an award) for you!! :) Many blessings to you my friend! ♥x♥x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin