Friends that want to hang out

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Facing the Giants - Getting the Quotes


A few weeks ago - we watched Facing the Giants - This movie is one of my favorites and it so happened to be on TV and because it was on TV the husband watched it with us.... Granted the acting is not the best... but the storyline is great and the quotes are better.. Dusty (the husband) thought it would be a great idea for the both of us to watch it again and write down the quotes.....

Here are a couple...

"Your actions will always follow your believes"

"When we fail - we will give glory and thanks to God and if we win we will give glory and thanks to God"

"Lord Jesus, would you help me? I need you. Lord, I feel that there are giants of fear and failure staring down at me, waiting to crush me. And I don't know how to beat 'em, Lord. I'm tired of being afraid. Lord, if you want me to do something else, show me. If you don't want me to have children, so be it. But You're my God. You're on the throne. You can have my hopes and my dreams. Lord, give me something. Show me something"

"You can't judge your father by his actions and then judge yourself by your intentions. It doesn't work that way. You're not responsible for him. You're responsible for you. You honor God by honoring your authority"

"God can do whatever He wants to do, however He wants to do it. And He chooses to work in our lives because He loves us. He's good. Hope today's a milestone for what He can do for the rest of your life if you trust Him"

I have watched this movie about 5 times - probably more and I cry every time I watch it... This video is a good example of the movie..

3 comments:

Beth said...

This is a great movie! I cry everytime I watch it too.

RCUBEs said...

I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for sharing some of the quotes. I hope I get to watch it with my family some time. Just popping over to wish you a great week ahead. And remain strong in the Lord's mighty power.

I love Amy Grant! I have some of her CD's. Bummer if you don't get a chance to see her. I'm sure it would be much more awesome to hear her sing in person! God bless sister and thank you for always encouraging me! Love to you.

Mikes Sumondong said...

The first time I saw this video, I cried. The Best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin