Friends that want to hang out

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crazy Love - A Young Girls's Essay


"Since I Have My Life Before Me"
by Brooke Bronkowski
excerpt from Crazy Love - Francis Chan

I'll live my life to the fullest. I'll be happy. I'll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. I will be kind to to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ. I will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. I will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.

You see, I'll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I have moments, good and bad, but I will wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that's all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between,just living my life to the fullest. I'll be one of those people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I'll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.

I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!!

This essay was written by a young girl named Brooke when she was twelve (12) years old. This was a little girl that was so on fire for the Lord that she started a bible study on her junior high campus and saved her babysitting money to buy bibles for her unsaved friends.... When she was 14 years old she died in a car accident... Her life on earth ended when she was so very young - but the impact her life had did not - Close to 1500 people attended Brooke's memorial service and those who spoke - talked of the example she gave others.. the pure joy she had for her God... During the memorial the pastor invited those who wanted to know Jesus to come forward - close to two hundred (200) students were on their knees at the front of the church praying for salvation... Ushers gave a Bible to each one of these teens - they were Bibles that Brooke had kept in her garage in hopes of giving out to her unsaved friends... In that one day - the memorial of Brooke's life here on earth - Brooke's testimony led more people to the Lord than most ever will....

Brooke lived her life faithful to Christ - a very short life here on Earth But her life was not wasted.....

This is what I learned today reading - Crazy Love, by Francis Chan.. Click here Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God to buy your copy today....


3 comments:

Carol said...

I am digging this Crazy Love. Think I will read it next after I'm done with, the me I want to be >> becoming God's best version of you by John Ortberg. Crazy Love should be a great follow up up!

Unknown said...

This post had me tearing... how amazing.

Christian Store said...

A moving story indeed, thank you for sharing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin