Friends that want to hang out

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Open Letter Asking For Forgiveness


Dear Sister, Brother, Mom, Dad, Friend, daughter, and/or son -

I am sorry. I am sorry that I hurt you with my words...without my words. I am sorry that I made you feel less than what you are... I am sorry I did not lift you up to where you should be. I am sorry that I let my pride..... my stupid and inexcusable pride get in the way of loving you. I am sorry that I made you cry... made you feel that you were not worthy of my love... or anyone else's love... I am sorry that I looked for the wrong in you and did not focus on the wrong in me....

I wish I could turn back time to the day before everything fell away.... We were happy then - you and me.... I hate the superficial way of life we have created towards one another.... I know you must hate it too..

I humble myself before you and ask for your unconditional forgiveness.... ask for your unconditional love.... I know I was wrong in all I have done.... I know that my behavior and attitude was not glorifying to our Father... but as our Father has always forgiven us... I ask for you to forgive me....

I love you.... Your Sister In Christ And In All Things

Mat 18:21-27 (NIV) Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. "Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt. "The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go."

Mat 18:28-35 (NIV) "But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow-servants who owed him a hundred denarii. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded. His fellow-servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.' But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened. Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow-servant just as I had on you?' In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Where this servant failed, then, is in FORGETTING the merciful treatment His master gave him. He FORGOT the great sin he was forgiven of.

Acts 17:11 Bible Study: Forgiveness



2 comments:

Warren Baldwin said...

1 John 1:8. Very nice.

From the Heart said...

A great post on forgiveness. You are to be commended for asking for forgiveness. That's a hard thing to do.
God bless you,
AliceE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin