Friends that want to hang out

Monday, August 17, 2009

Direct TV vs Cable


We have cable TV in our home - always have.. We never thought about looking into a different system until now...... In the past three months our cable has been out eight (8) times.. No kidding - I am not a big TV watcher but when I have a show I want to watch - I expect to be able to watch it.... The other day - I had a show on HBO - I wanted to watch. I won't name it - too embarrassing.... when I went to turn it on - NOTHING... called the cable service and was on hold for eighteen (18) minutes - they advised me to reboot the box - I had done that before I called - they rebooted from their office - nothing... The soonest they could have someone out was three (3) days... no TV for three days!!!! My kids and husband freaked...

My neighbors have Direct TV and they love it.. The said that the Direct TV System was very easy to understand. In the past five years - they have Never been without service.. One of the important features we need is the DVR and sure enough that is apart of the Direct TV Service. My husband needs to record his golf on the weekends when he is busy golfing himself....

I am not the type of person to just take someone's word for something - especially when it costs me money.. I like to shop and compare.. I was able to learn everything I needed by going onto Direct TV's website. I didn't just take Direct TV's word for it - I called my cable company and asked them a few questions and they confirmed what Direct TV advertised...

One of the big things I learned is that Direct TV has more HD channels than our cable service - this is huge because we just purchased a new LCD/HD 60 inch big screen TV and watching a movie in HD is comparable to going to the movies.. better since we are at home!!!!- Directrv Service has a higher customer service rating - which I find very easy to believe.. and the difference in cost was substantially different. Direct TV was less expensive. Click here to be able to discover for yourself the price difference - with the 15 second directv quote...

I'm saying good bye to cable and hello to Direct TV..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin