Friends that want to hang out

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crack the Bible ....Find an Answer


Do you ever just open the Bible for answers... Questions on your heart? I don't do it often..but today I did.. I was asked to do something by a dear friend of mine. She wanted me to be a part of something big....In my mind and heart it felt like something huge.. something I am not qualified or smart enough to do.... she said think and pray about it... So I opened my Bible and this is what I read..
1 Timothy 4:6 "If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed. 7 But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that is now is and of that which is to come. 9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. 10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach. 12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit , in faith, in purity......15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, all your progress may be evident to all.. 16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you...."
I'm thinking.....maybe I should pray on it some more...

2 comments:

From the Heart said...

A great post. I needed that scripture.
AliceE.

Roxanna Grimes said...

yes you need to keep praying. I think an answer might even be found in the poem "about this blog"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin