Friends that want to hang out

Monday, March 22, 2010

Lukewarm People


Let's just say I DO NOT LIKE A MIRROR IN MY FACE!!! A mirror that is telling me the truths of where I am... where I am headed... where I have been.. and what I am doing wrong.....

There's a quote in Crazy Love - that hit home and it was hard to accept...but the more I think about it - the more I believe it to be true

"The goals of American Christianity are often a nice-marriage, children who don't swear, and good church attendance. Taking the words of Christ literally and seriously is rarely considered. That's for the "radicals" who are "unbalance" and who go "overboard". Most of us want a balanced life that we can control, that is safe, and that does not involve suffering.."

According to Francis Chan author of Crazy Love - this is one of the many definitions of the lukewarm Christian... It's not that we are not saved... It's not that we don't love God... It's we don't give our life to Him.... the control to Him... We are not picking up our crosses and following Him....

"Lukewarm people don't really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin. They don't generally hate sin and are not truly sorry for it; they're merely sorry because God is going to punish them. Lukewarm people don't really believe that this new life Jesus offers is better than the old sinful one." Quote from Crazy Love...

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" John 10:10

"What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Romans 6:1-2..

Food for thought? I know I have my work cut out for me... How about you?

1 comment:

RCUBEs said...

Wow! Those words are powerful! And I think each of us, Christians, should evaluate where we truly stand! "Not all those who call Him Lord! Lord!" will be admitted to His Kingdom.

I saw him one time from the video and he truly has powerful messages...Thanks for sharing this. Sounds like a great book! Blessings to you sister. It's hard isn't it? That it's a necessity to look in the mirror daily. But without it, I wouldn't be able to see the dirt on my face and other not so nice things. Glory to God!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin