Friends that want to hang out

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Knock That Christian Chip Off Your Shoulder


I have often heard the quote "Hate the Sin - Love the Sinner".. Often times it is said when a Christian is talking about a gay person.. Basically saying that the gay person is sinning but we'll love them anyway.... But are we not all sinners? Wouldn't that quote apply to all of us? Why only pick one sin? Is being gay a bigger sin than killing? Lying? Lusting? I believe Sin is Sin... and I know that I am a sinner and I hope others still love me... God's standards are much higher than ours... what we may believe to be innocent flirting... in God's eyes we're having an affair....

I remember years ago when I was taking a class about how to talk to Jehovah Witnesses- a comment was said that I will remember to the day I die.... "If you want to glorify God - you have to take that Huge Christian Chip off your shoulder...." I took that quote to heart because it can be frustrating when you are discussing your faith.. your beliefs and others don't agree.... I have learned over time -the best witnesses is to live by example... don't point fingers... don't dismiss what others believe... but live your life on fire for God because when others notice that fire burning inside of you- they are going to want to be burnt...

We live in a time that was predicted over 2000 years ago... A time where everything is okay... Nothing is shocking any longer... Morals and and acceptance is no longer in alignment... and as followers of Christ - we cannot buy into this common life - a free for all... We must live an uncommon life... by living our lives not of this world... but of His... and we need to get that Christian chip off of our shoulders and love because He first loved us... Get on Fire... and stop saying those silly cliches.... "Hate the Sin - Love the Sinner" because we are all sinners.....

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

1 comment:

RCUBEs said...

Amen! It is scary that people behave the way they want to behave...Yet, as followers of Christ, we are placed here to be the reflectors of His light in this dark world. God bless you sister. And may His protection and guidance cover you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin