Friends that want to hang out

Monday, March 15, 2010

I Need To Wait... Patiently


I have shared many times that I am not a patient person... I am always in a hurry of some sort and having to wait at times... drives me INSANE... and as I shared last week, my husband was laid off and needs to find a new job... Granted I am not worried - I know the right job will come along... We have always been frugal and I am sure that all will be good... It's just that I hate waiting....

Hate waiting to find out where... when... what.....

I also am having a hard time sharing my space... I know that sounds awful.... But - the husband is also driving me insane.... I don't think he means to. I know he is doing what he needs to do. But when I get into a rhythm at work - I don't want someone looking over my shoulder... or asking me to explain what I am doing and why... Granted - he wants to know more about what I do and I should have the patience to explain to him - but focus on paragraph one... I am NOT a patient person...

Thankfully - we are not fighting about this... yet.... I was reminded yesterday that God's timing is perfect... always.. and I need to wait on Him - throughout the Bible - God tells us to wait... Why? So we can trust in Him.... and know that He is in control...

Psalms 37:7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way.

Lamentation 3:25 The Lord is good to those that wait on Him, to the person that seeks Him.




image from Yahoo pictures.

3 comments:

Cutlerama said...

So true Kelly! Thanks for posting those Bible verse...such great reminders for me.

Ra Ra Bazaar said...

How I giggled when I read about your husband getting under your feet. Mine has a day of normally during the week and he really gets under my feet. He decides this is what we'll do or that is what we'll do and I bite my tongue and go with the flow.
I know the uncertainty of unemployment. We've been there, and certainly the old addage where god closes a door he opens a window has been very true in our lives.
Have a look at the song "strength will rise as we wait upon the lord"

Fitter After 50 said...

You sound normal to me! :) My husband works out of town and comes home once a month for a few days. Soon he will be home for a couple weeks and as much as I love having him home, it will be a whole new routine and yes, a whole new set of questions to answer. Maybe now would be a good time for you to start thinking of some good pranks. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin