Friends that want to hang out

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Susan G. Komen 3 Days for a Cure Walk - Go Becky

One of the scary things that I live with everyday is the high probability of me someday getting cancer.... Everyone who has died in my family has died from cancer or the complications of cancer... Breast cancer is a biggy - both my paternal and maternal grandmothers had it.... I have several aunts and cousins that have also contracted this horrible disease.....

I am thankful that I can go down to get my boobs flattened every year - I am thankful that I have excellent insurance and I can do this.... I am one of the lucky ones.... Because I know when and if I do discover I have breast cancer - I believe I will be able to fight this terrible disease and win!

My friend Becky - will be walking in he Susan G Komen - 3 days for a Cure Walk - 60 miles in 3 days.... Here is the note Becky sent me.....

Hello

A dear friend of mine, spent all of 2009 battling breast cancer. She is a Mom of three kids, ages 12, 10, and 8. A clinic by her home was offering free mammograms, so her and her friend decided on a whim to go to the clinic and have a mammogram done. Because of that "whim," she found out that she had breast cancer. In 2009, she had to have a double mastectomy along with a hysterectomy. Today she is cancer free. Imagine if she would have never had to fight that fight. If she would not have had to spend all of 2009 battling a disease that could have very well been the end of her life.
That imagination can be a reality. The Susan G. Komen Foundation raises money to fund research to find a cure for breast cancer. Not only do they raise money for research, a portion of the monies raised also goes back into local community programs to benefit women who are dealing with this disease.
My dream is that my daughter will grow up in a world where nobody worries about breast cancer. A world where she won't have to take a year out of her life going in and out of hospitals and fighting each day to stay alive. I have decided to do something to make that dream a reality. In 2010, I will be walking 60 miles over 3 days during the Susan G. Komen 3 Days for a Cure Walk. In order to walk in this incredible event, I will need to do some incredible hard work and training. 20 miles a day, for 3 days in a row is a LOT of miles. Even more importantly, I want to raise at least $3,000 to support breast cancer research. In order to do that, I need you to partner with me. Follow the link at the end of this e-mail and donate today. Donate in honor of somebody you know who has fought the breast cancer fight.
Make my dream of a breast cancer free world a reality. It will be a better world for us all!
Thank you for your support!
Becky


I have donated - Can you? Let's beat this terrible disease for ourselves and for our future generations. Love to you. Kelly

1 comment:

Bernie said...

I'm not sure whose blog I popped over from but I am so happy I did.
In fact I have been reading your
3 blogs for about a half hour now,
....phew
Love your blogs, your love of family and God are so apparent.
I am a Breast Cancer survivor and I also walk each year in the Cure for Breast Cancer in my area.
So nice to meet you.....:-) Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin