Friends that want to hang out

Sunday, February 21, 2010

No, I Don't Want To Listen


You know what is super crazy about God? It's the fact that when He wants you to listen up - He makes it Clear and Apparent... A friend today called it the echo of God... That description fit perfectly into where I am today... The echo of God is telling me the answers... loud and clear... But do I want to listen to Him? The truthful answer would be "No" Being a follower of Christ is not an easy road to travel. My pastor this morning said it perfectly clear in his sermon... We live in a world of sin - God warns us throughout the Bible that because we are followers of Christ - we will be ridiculed and tempted... We will be unpopular - because of our faith... our beliefs... and the enemy - the evil one is just waiting for that slip... that break in our faith... that over indulgent moment to drive that wedge between our relationship with Jesus.... and many times we don't even recognize it's happening until it's too late...

As I shared before - I am going through a thing... And this thing is driving me insane - crazy...I want to say that I Don't know what to do ...that I Don't know what to say.. that I Don't know how to have my cake and eat it too.. But the truth of the matter is I do know what I have to do... and my sin... my want... is making it a tough choice.... But like I said - God makes it clear and apparent what He wants.. so much so that it is impossible to turn the other way...

So today not only was I hearing an echo in Sunday school... I heard an echo in the sermon, the radio, and tonight... Crazy.... What this echo thing is telling me is that God knows me... Me as an individual.. Me as the person I am - not one of many but just me and me and alone... He loves me and wants me to stand in the Son... He wants me to be in His word.... He does not want me to wonder.... He knows my name...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you are going through a thing. Going God's way can be extremely hard. I am actually doing that with a friendship right now and it is really hard. I will pray for you and I hope things get better.

Cutlerama said...

going through a thing too, but I do know that through our "things" God is still good!!! and I know He knows what's best for us and the perfect timing for such things.

Love that song! thanks for posting it.

I love your realness(if that's a word) and you!

Lucia said...

I hope whatever your going through that you find your way, temptation is hard to resist in this day it's every where. Been there and sometimes I return there without even knowing it!

RCUBEs said...

Sister, praying for the Lord's strength, protection and wisdom to cover you. I think we all go through that stage...Take care. God bless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin