Friends that want to hang out

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oprah and The Denial....



When Oprah started her talk show she was down to earth.. She showed a genuine interest in all people... She appeared to be frugal... she appeared to be rational.. she appeared to be "every woman"...Appearances can be deceiving. Oprah is deceiving...
As the years have gone by and her wealth has gone up... she has been busy promoting her agenda.. claiming to be very knowledgeable about all things.. claiming to know the secret to happiness.. Just recently she was asked to give the commencement speech at Duke University and in her speech she told these new graduates going out into the real world in this economy...."It's great to have a nice home. It's great to have nice homes! It's great to have a nice home that just escaped the fire in Santa Barbara.. It's great to have a private jet.. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you.."
It's funny or sad, however you want to look at it... that some people buy into the belief that someone who has money....lots of money....also have knowledge.. credibility... and knows something we don't know..
In the above video she mentioned that she had a problem believing in God (the real God) because in church one day the pastor said that God was a jealous God.... Oprah interpreted to mean that God was jealous of her... okay... give me a break.. In the context of a jealous God - it means that God has a zeal for the truth that He alone is God and he is jealous of any rivals.. ie: worship of idols... worship of money... worship of Satan....
As my first grade teacher used to say.. "her head has gotten too big to go through the doorway.." because of Oprah's adoring fans.. I believe Oprah has convinced herself that she is all seeing and all knowing..... I find that truly sad...and I am no longer a fan..

6 comments:

~Sandy said...

I totally agree with you. I use to look up to her too but I lost all respect for her now. It saddnes me how many people she has mislead. Some will die lost because of her beliefs...that deeply saddens me and also angers me. All we can do is pray for her that God will move in her life so that she will know she is NOT God and that she really needs HIM.

Terry said...

Okay this will come as a shock but I have never been an Oprah fan.
I have always had to be very quiet so as not to offend family and friends.
I never really saw the fruit ,yet I chose not to judge her as I was not a hard and fast follower and never meeting her in person I really had no business to judge her one way or the other. However as a Christian Woman ,daughter,Wife , Mom etc.. who needed Godly encouragement I found her show lacking so I simply did not follow.fast forward I have wondered at times what I was missing and tuned in but never really got what all the hype was about it just seemed like another talk show.
So please forgive my ignorancce ,at the same time please follow your instincts .We are to be lifted up ,helped by the infulences of our lives.
So thank you again Kelly for your always amazing and on target post.
Blessings to you and yours.

From the Heart said...

A good post, Kelly. I discovered the video you posted a couple years ago plus some others talking about what she is doing. I stopped watching her show at that point. We do need to pray for her that she will come to the knowledge that accepting Jesus is the only way to get to Heaven. John 14 is a good chapter to read about who God really is.
I pray that people who doubt God will see your post.
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.

davescriven said...

Oprah teaches the false gospel of the world and "whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God" (James 4.4). Pray for Oprah.

Saleslady371 said...

This is a good video and spells out the truth real well. I have a daughter that watches her every day and I'm praying she'll lose interest.

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Wow... thanks. I used to tell people all the time how much I love Oprah, even though I knew some of what she said and believed was false, but thinking no harm... now I'm realizing it CAN be harmful, especially because of how many people her messages reach. I'm going to start praying for her too I guess, because I still love her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin