Friends that want to hang out

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Favorite American Idol Danny


Tonight the Top 10 Contestants will be performing songs from "Motown".. I am a child of the sixties and seventies and I grew up with Motown... this should be a great night. Motown music brings back memories of me and my dad washing the car listening to the transistor radio.. Diana Ross and the Supremes, The Jackson 5, Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight and the Pips, and of course Stevie Wonder.... Sugar Pie Honey bunch... The lyrics are just singing in my head...
My prediction is that Danny Gokey will walk away tonight as the Best singer.... Remember him at his audition singing "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye.. He nailed it.. He's got that soulful voice that just makes you want to melt.... So far my top two songs that he has sang are "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack and "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.

I love the fact that he is a man of faith. I love the fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve. I love the fact that he tried out for American Idol because his wife, Sophia was a fan and wanted him too. She died just weeks before the audition from complications of heart surgery.

A favorite quote of Danny's is "Unshakable Faith is Faith That Has Been Shaken". What a testimony he has to share. I look forward to seeing him win this competition.. Yes, I am putting it out there in blogger land.... Danny Gokey is the Next American Idol!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin