Friends that want to hang out

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Love You....You Love Me...


I love you ...You love me...We're a happy family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you...Won't you say you love me too..... The purple dinosaur Barney got it right with those lyrics. Can't you just hear him singing in your head now? I know I do. I remember many a morning with my kids watching Barney so that I could get a little work done..... He was the great morning babysitter....I could throw a load of wash in, spruce up the kitchen, and if I was lucky maybe even talk to a friend on the phone for a few minutes...
In the Bible, love is spoken of over and over again. Love one another as I have loved you. John 13:34 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.....John 15:13 This is the love that God has for us. He sent his Son to earth to die on the cross for our sins. Before I became a parent myself, I didn't get the greatness of that act... Now think of this.
We love our kids don't we? We would lay down our lives for them. We nurture them, cuddle with them, take care of them. I look at my daughters and I cannot imagine loving anyone more that I love them.
A couple of years ago, a MRI showed a growth on my youngest daughters brain. I had never felt such fear in my life. The thought of losing my baby was so overwhelming to me.... I remember calling my church and asking them to send out a prayer request for her. I also remember getting on my knees and praying to God to please please please let my baby be okay... The next day the doctor's office called and said that everything looked normal and she was okay... To say I was in shock would be an understatement. My baby was healed....I have no doubt... I was the lucky one...
God sent his son to die for me. To die for you... To die for people that turned their backs on him.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his ONLY begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. God sacrificed His Son.... I don't think I could sacrifice my kids for someone I loved much less someone that may never know me....
That my friends is Agape love....Unconditional love... The love that Jesus taught about. The love that He has for us and wants us to have for others..... God has very high standards for us...But that's okay.. In His word and in His love all things are possible.......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin