Friends that want to hang out

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Husband - "Mr. Fix It"


My husband is a Professional Manager at work and at life.... We often have discussions about what happened in my day with my business... with the kids. I would share a few things that may have disturbed me - a client not paying his bill on time... one or both of the kids acting out.. a disagreement I may have had with a lender or borrower... Usually when I get around to telling him the story of my day - it's already been "handled" but he can't help but advise me on what I should have said or done... It's not as if I could go back and have a re-do... My husband wants to fix the problem I am having (had) or give a solution or advise on what I should have done or will do in the future... "What can I do for you?" is a standard question.... I hear from him... Many times I do not need him to fix it - many times it cannot be fixed.... And maybe I just don't want it fixed... I just want him to listen to me..

Managers like my husband are natural problem-solvers. Every challenge is an opportunity to be met quickly. With marriage and relationships - problem-solvers are suddenly faced with a challenge that cannot be easily solved or it cannot be solved at all. Dusty (my husband) wants to fix things when they are broken - he wants things to always run smoothly - "well managed" but life - love - marriage is messy... We have definitely called on each others patience and we have learned that patience in marriage works a lot like faith... Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1. Dusty may want to fix it - but he is learning that listening to me.. having patience with me may be all the fixing something needs... I am learning that - I should listen to Dusty's advise (he is a very smart man) and who knows I just might gain more knowledge and/or wisdom the next time I have a conflict...

The longer we are married the more practice we are getting - soon we will be reaching the Twenty-two years of marriage mark - hard to believe.. I'm thinking we may be closer to "perfection" in another twenty-two years - What do you think?

*Picture from Picasa

3 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

I've heard it's a 'man thing' to want to FIX everything. Must be their nature whereas women are better at listening.

Desiray said...

Marriage is such a blessing and for you to still be married this long is truly a blessing from God..it takes hard work and lots of love and prayers...May God continue to work in your marriage...Desiray http://chosenwoman.wordpress.com

Saleslady371 said...

I totally hear where you are coming from. I think we all get closer to perfection after putting in all the hard work to make relationships better. Bless you, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin