Friends that want to hang out

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Blame Eve


One of my eldest daughter's favorite sayings is "I blame Eve" If she did not bite the apple - all of the pains of being a woman would be non-existent.. The monthly bill (cramps)..... Child birth... But I also believe that God - has given women a much larger role.... because He loves us... Because He knows that only a woman could handle what we do... Not to say that men are not great in their God given roles.... They are.... I know I would not have the life I live today if it were not for the success and diligence of my husband.

I believe that the husband is the head of our home.... I believe that final decisions are made by the husband.. That does not mean - I am a rug and whatever he says goes.. Just as Christ is not inferior to the Father, but is the second person in the trinity, so wives are equal to their own husband. Yet in a marriage relationship, a husband and wife have different roles to the Lord. A wife's voluntary submission arises out of her own submission to Christ.
Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your own husband, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body..

I believe that the husband who loves his wife - will treat her with the utmost love and respect... When Paul was talking about the husband's authority - he did not emphasize his authority but he did call the husbands to love self-sacrificially. Husbands are to emulate Christ's love, the kind of love that is willing to lay down one's life for another person and serve hat person even if it means suffering..
Ephesians 5:25-26 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word.

Husband and wives have much different roles - I have "feelings"... He has "logic".... I can talk forever.... He can watch sports forever.. I can do several things at once... He can delegate several things at once.... I nurture... He provides a living..... I over think things and fester.... He says what he thinks.... and it's done...

But in some very odd way - these differences make us go together.. we compliment each other.. God's designs are always perfect....

3 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

I love this post! "delegate several things at once"...HA HA...yep...my dh has that talent as well! Thanks Kelly...this was a nice way to begin my day!

RCUBEs said...

Great post. No matter what differences, it all comes down to respecting and loving each other, with Christ in the middle. When I saw your title, I thought about a coworker who was having bad abdominal cramping and said,"when I get to heaven, I will surely beat up Eve. Thanks to her, I'm miserable." Blessings to you.

Kelly said...

hey girl, just wanted to stop by and tell you about my cool giveaway........a peronalize wine glass *you chose what you want on it* hope you stop by and enter......good luck

have a great one

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin