Friends that want to hang out

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oh, Happy Day... Oh, Happy Tears

Picture of My Sister and My Mom

Today something amazing happened... Something I have been praying for... Wishing for... Looking forward too....

Today my mom rededicated her life to Christ... Recently she has found a church where she feels connected... Where she feels welcome. I cannot tell you how excited I am... It's been over thirty-five years since my mom had anything to do with church.. I know that her faith has been on the fence.... I know that she has had a very difficult life in many areas... and today she is giving it to Christ... Oh Happy Day...

My sister, Debbie and my mom have many things in common but the top two are... They both post major life changing news on Face Book... Yep.. and they have "funny looking" dogs.. But you know what - that's okay.... What a great thing to read when I logged onto Face Book today.... Not only is my mom - my mom - She is now my sister in Christ as well... I am currently crying "happy tears" Are there any better kind of tears?

Today at 4:00 PM - I will be at Huntington Beach Pier - prayer walking... Today - with my mom's acceptance/re-dedication to Christ is exactly what I needed to get into the "Spirit"... knowing that prayer.. constant prayer... works... Right now I am ready to be the prayer warrior that God is calling me to be.... knowing in His grace and in His never ending love for us - miracles happen and prayers are answered.

This is for you, Mom.. I love you so much.....

4 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Praise God! Thanks so much for sharing this; it gives me continued hope for my unsaved father and other unbelievers in my life. Oh Happy Day!

RCUBEs said...

That's awesome sister! I'm glad that your mom is taking her steps back...to return to the Lord! He is good! Glory be to the One Who hears our petitions! God bless you and I'm rejoicing with you...Have a great week!

Saleslady371 said...

I rejoice with you about your mom's rededication. Prayer works! I'm inspired to continue for those on my list.

Judy Dudich said...

Enjoy your prayer work Kelly!
And PRAISE THE LORD for turning your mom's heart back to Christ!
::rejoicing with the angels::

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin