Friends that want to hang out

Friday, February 11, 2011

I've Been Married How LONG????



It's hard for me to believe that this picture is me on our wedding day Twenty-two years ago today... I remember feeling so fearful... Not knowing how my life would be.... Right before I walked down the aisle to my future husband - my dad said... "I have the car in front - we can make a getaway if you changed your mind.." Thinking back on that offer - I think my dad may have been half serious.. half kidding.. I was the baby..

Marriage has been tough... Most of the years it has been plain awful... And if I want to be honest... a lot of the pain and unhappiness would have to be laid at my feet... I did not know how to love... I did not know how to be a wife... and after 22 years - I am still trying...

Watching the movie Fireproof was a big turning point for me... I saw me in the characters - and I did not like it.. The book in the movie The Love Dare (English and English Edition) - has helped me on my journey... I started it a couple of years ago and if I practice the concepts.. things are great... It really is amazing.. but when I don't... well it's not so good... Today - I choose to love....

Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Excerpt from The Love Dare...

You can give undeserved love to your spouse because God gave undeserved love to you...

3 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Marriage is indeed a beautiful thing if bonded with His love. Happy Anniversary! God bless.

Cyndi Lacefield said...

Hello! My name is Cyndi and I am new to the blogging world. I go through blogs other people on my followers list read blogs they follow and look for ones that inspire me or touch my heart. Tonite, I came acrss yours. First let me say Happy Anniversary. Congratulations. I agree marraige is not easy. My husband and I loved the movie Fireproof, Although infidelity was not our issue we had many other semons we have fought over our years together and the message holds true.My blog is about my journey through addiction and abuse. It is called iloveme-ilovemenot.blogspot.com As I said I am new to this and have much to learn and to share. I also wanted to share with you about the poem you have under about this blog. It is one of my favorites and many attribute it to Maya Angelou, but it is not. It was written in 1988 by Carol Wimmer. Here is a link to the original poem and info. http://www.snopes.com/glurge/christian.asp I will be coming back to read and enjoy more of your posts and words of wisdom, Thank you and God Bless, Cyndi

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture. Happy Anneversary

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin