Friends that want to hang out

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Our Kids See God Through Us


Did you know that children form their earliest impressions of God from the way they interact with their parents? Our children get to know God through knowing us... We are the lens through which they first "see" him. We need to have a close relationship with our Heavenly Father (Parent) and know God as well as possible, so we can accurately reflect to our children who God really is and what he is like.. This is a huge responsibility for us as parents...
We need to show our children the unconditional love that God has for us. The Bible describes a woman whose husband and children bless and praise her. Among her noble attributes are these: She opens her mouth in wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue...How we treat our spouses is a big way our kids see love.... If they see love is hard to offend and quick to forgive...they learn that love and forgiveness go hand in hand...
Studies show that children that come from broken homes tend to make their own broken homes in life.... Children who come from loving parents tend to be more loving towards their own children... Our children are a product of us... they live their lives the way they were taught in their home..
Psalms 145:4-5 One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works. It is our responsibility as parents to raise our children in the Lord. Proverbs 22 “Train up a child in the right way and when they are old, they will not stray.”
I know I have made many mistakes so far in my "parent training" but you know what? When I tell my kids, "I'm sorry" I think they respect me more.. and they learn that I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes too...and that I try to learn from my mistakes.. I think that is a valuable lesson to teach our kids.. We all are works in progress and it is such a gift to have God teaching us every day how to love and how to praise Him..

2 comments:

From the Heart said...

You are so right. I've experienced that with my own children. They don't forget what they've been taught. Doesn't mean they won't get into trouble or situations they should not be but if they are taught right they will eventually do what is right.
Bless you,
AliceE.

Mikes Sumondong said...

What a great encouragement and example you have been to all parents out there. God bless you more!

Your Daily Word

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin