Friends that want to hang out

Saturday, March 6, 2010

What I Read Today

Today - I went to my Bible looking for answers... looking for inspiration... looking for God.... Don't you just love it when you open the bible to any random page and your eyes drift to exactly what you need to read? Here are the verses I read today... Do you see any common denominator? The verses were read in this order.

Exodus 23:2 Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong. When you give testimony in a lawsuit, do not pervert justice by siding with the crowd...

Ephesians 5:23-28 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing of water through the word.

Isaiah 43:18-19 Forget the former things: so not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

1 John 4:12 No one has ever see God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Philippians 1:9-11 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to he glory and praise of God.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will..

I'm guessing - He has a lot to say to me today...

6 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I've had this happen to me too! Just the right words pop out right when you need them! I think you're right, He DOES have a lot to say to you today! Good luck finding your answers!

RCUBEs said...

And to me! :) I love it, not as much as to challenge Him but every time I don't know what to pray for or tell Him and ask Him to talk with me, He does show the right Word to say! God bless sister and have a great weekend!

Saleslady371 said...

Love His Word. It is always timely. Thanks for sharing.

Traci Michele said...

Love God's Precious Word! It has all the answers!

Hugs,
Traci

Jackie said...

Stumbled upon your blog and love it!!

I'm following now and hope you'll stop by my place sometime for a visit. Always love meeting new bloggin' sisters in the Lord!!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Karen said...

Amen! He always has a lot to say to us...sometimes we just don't hear it.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin