Friends that want to hang out

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today - I am Letting Go!


Today - I am letting go - I am giving up control - I'm letting Jesus take the wheel.. I've been driving too long - and I'm tired.... With me behind the wheel there have been too many detours.. too many dead ends... I realized today (again) that I cannot do it all.... I try to be everything to everyone and I am exhausted... I've put my Father, my husband, and my kids on the back burner... The most important things in my life have been upstaged by my mad desires.. My mad and crazy business... my mad and crazy need to be in control... Not trusting God to take care of me....

With me in the drivers seat - I have driven off the road... I have gotten lost... I have ended up in places that I should never have ventured to.... So picture me stepping out of the car... walking around to the passenger's door getting in... not putting on a seat belt - with Jesus driving - there is no need - He alone protects me...

The Lord will keep you from harm - he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore... Psalm 121:7-8

7 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE that song!!!!!

Andrea said...

I LOVE this song. We would all be so much better off if we would allow JESUS to take the wheel and "keep" it.
Hugs, andrea

Denise said...

I am out of control and lovin' it! It brings such peace to give up! I shook my fist in the face of God back in the 70's as a young woman.. My life went to hell..... Since I was born again I have given HIM control many times and then I would take it back... Somewhere 15 years or so ago I let it all go and OH MY GOSH at what HE can accomplish when we just let Go and let GOD !

Sweet post!

Beth said...

Great post! I struggle with giving God total control, but it's worth it when I do.

Karen said...

Amen...I've been down that road, too...

Warren Baldwin said...

Great song. And great decision. You may find you need to remake that decision over and over (as many of us do with this and other "challenges" in our lives!). But, God will honor your decision.

Breadwinner Wife said...

thanks, i needed to read that for myself :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin