Friends that want to hang out

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dear Lord - I messed Up Again..

Dear Lord,

I messed up again. I disappointed others, myself, and worst of all - I disappointed you. The more I struggled with your word - the more I fail... the more I fall short.... How can you forgive me when I fail you All the time..... so many times?

Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41). Our bodies have strong desires that tempt us to sin... When I think of all the times I fall short - I am in awe of all the times you forgive me... Your word tells me that all I need to do is ask, then receive Your forgiveness... Is it really true that my all sins are gone as far as the east is from the west? It's hard for me understand... but you are God and nothing is impossible...

Tonight - I again realized that you want a relationship with me... You want me to love you with all that I am... You want my heart... Everything I do in corporate worship isn't enough - good works are not enough - especially if I do the things out of obligation and not because of my desire... You want me to worship you.. to love agape... To Desire you To embrace your uncommon grace...

Today in Crazy Love - I read this: "Are you willing to say to God that He can have whatever He wants? Do you believe that wholehearted commitment to Him is more important than any other person in your life? Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made?"

Father, I am in a work in progress - I am thankful that you love me... you forgive me and you have not given up on me.... thank you.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

We all mess up again and again. I don't know anyone who does not. Do you? God's patience with us and love for us is indeed amazing!

RCUBEs said...

Don't we all??? I could feel your heart cries to be mine, too! And I'm thankful that He truly understands our weaknesses...And is always ever forgiving. God bless.

Karen said...

Amen...so thankful for His longsuffering patience with me....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin