Friends that want to hang out

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Too Religious....


I recently met a very dear and sweet girl - I had been looking forward to meeting her for quite a while... She had joined our family a few years ago and lives across the world from us.... We connected on Face Book a year or so ago and finally met face to face last week.... It was love at first sight for me.. What a joyful woman she is....

She was very apprehensive about meeting me... On Face book - I will post some of my blogs or pictures.. I will talk about my faith and praises.. I am very open about my relationship with God - I believe because of my Face Book postings - this adorable girl was afraid to meet me - wondering how "religious" I was.... Wondering if I would be scary.... judgmental... Bible pounding... Evangelical.... the unknown is scary...

I believe that the world view in many ways has made "religious" people look bad..crazy... because we choose to live the "uncommon life". By the "uncommon life" I mean we choose to use the Bible as our basis for right and wrong... That does not mean we are here to judge.. that is not up to us. But we are to love one another... We are to follow God's law.... His word.. Because many of us do not agree with the "liberal world view" we are looked at as haters.... but that is not true... at least for me and those I know well..

So back to this beautiful girl.... I could tell she was a little nervous - mostly because she was looking at me with the "deer in the headlights" expression and not talking as much as I knew she did..... I was thinking of a way to break the ice and to let her know that I was pretty down to earth... My husband gave me the best opening.... We were talking about how we were able to go on a date... and my nephew asked what we did on dates... Well, my husband said... "We get a limousine... and I said "and we have sex..." My sweet new niece - about laughed herself off the couch... Sometimes, you just got to shock em......


2 comments:

karen said...

Greetings from eastern Oregon!! I stumbled, on God's purpose, upon your blogsite, and have laughed tonight, tears that rolled down my face when I read that parting comment about the limo, and the sex... OH sweet lady, you have no idea how I needed to laugh away some sadness tonight! And that did the very thing I needed most - laughter!! I look forward to reading more from your site here.. truly , it has blessed my life tonight in just a simple, down to earth way that I am most grateful for the Lord leading me here.. God bless ya, girl!! This is awesome!!
karen
http://www.karensthreadsofhope.blogspot.com

Michelle Gregory said...

great answer. sounds like one of my dates, minus the limo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin