Friends that want to hang out

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Crazy Feet Are Prayer Walking To A Town Near You


Today I was wondering what I was thinking... What was I thinking to say yes to being a part of the women ministry leadership team..... I am more of a back ground kinda gal.. I love to give ideas... but I don't want to be the one putting myself out there and gasp* public speaking..... I could feel my stomach tossing and turning.... before I had to talk... but something happened.... I started talking.... but the words were not just my words... Granted I was nervous still... granted I could hear my voice shake... but the words I wanted to say came out... the words that I did not know how to say came out.. My true depth of feeling came through... my excitement on where God is leading was known... not just to the women I was speaking to but to myself.....

We had the opportunity yesterday as a team to learn how to prayer walk.. How to pray while you walk - so as not to be obvious.... One big thing I learned - do not I repeat do not close your eyes while prayer walking.. especially on sidewalks, streets, and/or stairs... it's amazing how many things there are in our community to pray for.. the people, the schools, the spiritual battles, and so much more.. Yesterday I practiced praying in the church sanctuary... at first I just welcomed God into His home.... as we were going down the pews - I started to picture different families and people groups who sit in the pews I was walking by... Suddenly my prayers started to become more specific... more detailed... more loving... more God in complete control... I was having an out loud conversation with God and it became so personal... so incredibly eye opening... heart attacking... inspiring.. and I am just sitting here writing this and one word comes to mind... awe... I was in awe of Him..

Next Sunday will be our first "Big" prayer walk.. We are going to Huntington Beach pier in Southern California... Did you know that Orange County, California is the 2nd largest human trafficking area in the United States? Huntington Beach pier is a very common place for children, teens, and young adults to be preyed on.... by the predators from the Internet.... from sex and drug dealers... and so many other scary things...

We are going to prayer walk the pier - Main Street. And if someone we pass by on our walk needs a prayer - I look forward to praying for them.. Yes, you heard it right - me - Miss I will never pray in front of people... wants to pray for strangers.... crazy things are happening.... and my crazy feet are taking me on a journey... a prayer journey... with God.... can't ask for better company .. can you?

6 comments:

Mikes Sumondong said...

I can't. I'm sorry. I'm in the other side of the world that's why. that would have been a long journey. Nevertheless, my church here in the philippines have scheduled a prayer walk by next week. OCt 18th I guess. this is somewhat a quarterly thing where we just walk around the city we are in and pray. there are a lot of prostitution and idolatry going on in the city and we want to wage around against these principalities through prayer!

God bless you in your Prayer walk!

Sharon said...

Prayer walk thats greattt God Bless you in all you do, have lots of fun. Loved your site!!

Have a Blessed and Joyfilled day :)

Cutlerama said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!! You go girl!
What an awesome privilege it was to hear you speak last night. Such passion and heart.

Deborah Ann said...

Man, I used to be on fire like you are. I need to restir that fire in my heart for God. Thank you for sharing your joy and enthusiasm!

Denise said...

What a wonderful thing.... A prayer walk.. I have never heard of that.. Your faith and joy comes across in your post....

Pat Thacker said...

Hi Kelly
That really sounds very interesting and I hope you all great success on your prayer walk! And may God continue using you greatly to pray and speak out boldly to others of his love and mercy.Thanks for your visit and your comment.
Love ya Kelly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin