Friends that want to hang out

Friday, July 3, 2009

Trusting God With My Kids.....


I often times find myself having a difficult time allowing my kids to have the freedoms that many of their peers have. Many of my daughters friends' parents drop off their daughters at the movies, the mall or the beach and pick them up at a scheduled time or when the daughter calls for pick up.. I'm sorry - but I really do have issues with some of that... When I go to the movies, there are a bunch of teenagers just hanging out... walking around the place.. getting into trouble.. I am a firm believer that hanging out at malls or the movie theater/mall is just opening the door for trouble.. Going to the beach scares me too.. There are a bunch of weirdos out there...and my oldest loves to boogie board.. I am beginning to warm up to the idea of dropping my kid off for the movies - on one condition. I drop off in time to buy a ticket and go in and I or her friend's parent picks up just as the movie lets out.. No walking around.. I am still in the thinking stages on this one.. I am praying for knowledge, trust, and peace on this.

I am one of those mothers that is a big fat scaredy cat... I hate hate hate having my children out of my sight... I need to trust God more... I know the world can be a big scary place and because of my fear.. my kids are starting to become fearful and that is something I do not want.. Smart and Aware but not fearful.... I need to trust God to take care of my kids..... I need to give my girls "age appropriate" freedoms... Don't laugh but I have finally allowed my girls to ride their bikes to the park without me.. believe me that's a huge step for me.... my oldest is into running and yes - I am allowing her to do her daily runs... provided she has her "new cell" with her.. Who knew that her cell phone would be a bigger convenience for me than her..

Today I was reading a blog of a dear and beautiful friend of mine. Her twenty year old daughter is in Germany today leading a missions trip in the Muslim community there. This is her daughters third trip but her first as a leader... As I was reading her blog - my first thought was - my friend must be afraid for her daughters safety.... to be so far away in a foreign country... But you know what? My friend wasn't afraid she went so far as to say that she feels peaceful that her child is in the center of God's will.... WOW. I want to be like my friend Roxanna when I grow up.. To trust God enough - to allow my child to go out doing God's work ... so far far far away and feel Peace.. I am prayerful that God will bless me with that kind of peace..

I had one of those experiences today that you get when you pray for God to give you an answer - you open the Bible and there it is.... Here is that verse ( I serve an amazing God) Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Here are couple of others - I liked too

1Peter 1:8 Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy

Psalm 33:21 In Him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his holy name.

As a human - I am not perfect.... but I am blessed to a have a Father that knows that and accepts that and everyday promises to help me to become closer to Him and that alone shows me that God alone is worthy of my trust.....

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this really spoke to me because I am just like you in regards to my daughters. My kids are still young but I am overprotective and a scaredy cat. If they are out of my sight I panic. My family always makes fun of me when we go to Walt Disney World because every few minutes I will say where is so and so.

From the Heart said...

I just read your previous post on the Rapture and Iraq. I have seen that before. It appears that things are coming together for the Lord to return and take those who are asleep first and those who are true believers next. I'm listening for the sound of the trumpet. I don't like the world we're living in today and feel we as Christians should pray for a stronger walk with God so that we will be prepared to stand up for Him should we be asked to. I hope that doesn't happen in my life time but we need to pray for our children and grandchildren.

Your post on your children is a good one. They need rules to go by. Just trust that God will take care of them. I really don't want to comment too much on this because of my own Mother's over protection. I loved her and it is because of her that I'm a Christian today.
Blessings,
AliceE.

Heidi said...

Oh my... you sound like me and I can totally understand. I am as protective with my children, as you are with yours. Makes me wonder I how ever "survived" because my parents were much lenient with me than I am with my own children. But unfortunately our world now is different than when we grew up. We need to remember that we are in the hands of our heavenly father and He Is In Control... not us. ♥x♥x
P.S. I am enjoying reading your blog too! :)

Heidi said...

Hey Kelly... pop on over to my blog... I have something there for you... because you genuinely have a "true heart". ♥

Saleslady371 said...

Kelly, you are such a good mom to your young children. I have every confidence that you will also be able to let go when you need to as they grow because you are so close to the Lord.

Judy Dudich said...

God bless you Kelly1
Protecting, guiding, and keeping your children under your watchful eye does NOT mean that you don't trust God enough...it means that you are serving Him by being accountable for the precious young souls, purity, and innocence of your girls...to which He will one day say to you, "Well done Kelly, my good and faithful servant, enter now into the Kingdom of God"!
TRUST YOURSELF Kelly! You are right on track :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin