Friends that want to hang out

Saturday, April 18, 2009

We Need To Go To Church


We need to have fellowship with other Believers. The Bible has no examples of anyone who was right with God but also stood alone and did not spend time with other believers. Hebrews 10:24-25 'and let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as is the manner of some but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Gathering together in corporate worship also helps to feed your soul. "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." Public worshiping is the best place to give your soul the 'Word of God' nourishment it needs.

Going to Church regularly brings you closer to others who can love and encourage you. We all have troubles...Life can be very difficult but why carry all your worries by yourself..

It is a great place to pray and be prayed for. There is power when people of God pray. I know from personal experience. The healing of my own daughter.. The power of pray is an awesome thing to experience..

You don't need to go to a Mega-church to worship. Church can be a few people getting together and helping each other grow in Christ. This happens when we get together to lead one another towards love and good deeds. It does not have to be in a church building on Sunday morning. It could be any day of the week...at any location...

I also want to point out that going to church does not save people..yes that's right it does not save people... People are saved by getting right with God.. But getting it right with God is only the start of being a Christian. We need to surround ourselves with other believers to stay on His path...and not fall off and go on Our own path...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for you kind words on my blog. I like the quote you have in your sidebar.

And I have learned the importance of attending church. Thanks for this post!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Thanks, Kelly, for stopping by the blog. You have a beautiful blog here, and I love your thoughts on corporate worship! YES...we need one another; as a stay at home mother, it's easy to become landlocked. Funny, the more I "stay" to myself, the more I crave it. I have to now be more intentional about my involvement with the body of Christ.

I love my church ... where 2 or 3 are gathered, friend, is enough to bring about a healthy sense of worship.

Blessings and peace to you this week~elaine

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful and very true post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin